To have an awesome and safe Whitsunday yacht charter experience, make sure you observe the do’s and dont’s listed below.
• Know the year the boat was manufactured and its current condition. Have this information written and make sure it is stated clearly in the contract. See to it that you will be given the prerogative to decline or get another similar boat you like. This should also be stated in the contact.
• Prefer a bigger yacht charter company over a smaller one since it has more inventory which implies more choices for you.
• Get a copy of a list of equipment.
• Charter a yacht that suits your sailing experience and skills. If you are less experienced, choose a yacht with electric winches, auto-pilot, Chart Plotter, and GPS. If you are a more skilled and experiences cruiser, you may choose one without any automation.
• Before finalizing the booking process, inspect the yacht. Thoroughly check and test each item, device, and part of the boat. If something is not functioning properly, make sure it gets fixed or you will be given another boat.
• Check out the vessel again before sailing.
• Make sure your contract covers any necessary repair that occurs while sailing. The company must exchange the yacht within 24 hours and get you checked in a hotel at a rate equivalent to the boat. These should be at the expense of the hire company. Usually, the average running cost is within $300-$500 a day, so see to it that you have an agreement on reimbursement.
• Pay with your credit card, if possible. This way you can get a power to dispute or partially dispute charges.
• Do not wear shoes while on board. Captains don’t allow wearing shoes because they can damage decks and leave skids.
• Don’t bring drugs or any kind of firearm. The captain is given the right to cancel the cruise instantly if this rule is violated. You may not be able to get a refund if you break this rule.
• Do not smoke in the cabins.
• Do not bring any device that requires high watt. Electric energy on board is obviously limited as opposed to your home.
• Avoid using any kitchen equipment unless the chef or a hostess invited you to do so. Do not help yourself with the things inside the fridge unless a hostess or the chef prepared an area where food and drinks are made available for your consumption.